Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things I love: David's Tea

I've toyed with tea in the past, but always come back to coffee. First thing in the morning or relaxing in the evening, a hot, sweet cup of coffee just sounds good. Unless I wasn't feeling well, I never really craved a cup of tea... that is, until I met David.

Well, ok, I haven't actually met the eponymous David, but I'm mighty friendly with his teas! You can find them online or at one of their bazillion retail locations, and I strongly encourage you to do so.


They have everything from the basics, like Earl Grey and Genmaicha, to the more exotic Jumpy Monkey and Gyokuro Yamashiro. They have something for everyone (even coffee lovers ;) including accessories like cups, filters and tea pots. But overall the focus is where it should be... on the tea.

And focus is something you'll need if it's your first time. You will be greeted with a literal wall of choices... they boast 125 different teas, not counting their limited edition and seasonal specials. That's a whole lotta tea. All the teas are stored in light/air-tight canisters and the staff will gladly take down any of them for you to take a whiff of, or you can order a cup. They also have free samples of their Tea of the Day, which is a great place to start if you just can't decide.

B and I have set a sort of unspoken challenge for ourselves to test our way through their catalog. So far we've tried quite a few:

I'll probably post a bit more about individual teas a bit later. For now, if you're lucky enough to live near one of their stores, get yourself down there and try some tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment