Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Still here!

Sorry for the radio silence... we've been away on vacation! Took two weeks together for the first time, and I must say it was quite nice! We had time to take our week-long road trip to the Maritimes (a vacation food post will follow shortly) and still have a few days before and after to do what needed doing, or to do nothing at all. What a concept, eh?

We made sure to get ourselves to the Jean-Talon market during our time off as summer is drawing to a close and the market is bursting at the seams with summer produce. B bought himself not one but two flats of figs... and while he has put an heroic dent in the contents, they are slowly over-ripening in the fridge.

So, to use up what was left, I was going to make some preserves or cookies or something, until I found this recipe: Fig Galette. I will share a secret with you... I've always wanted to make one of those 'rustic' style galettes, but have never had the excuse to do so. I happen to have all the ingredients on hand (not that impressive when you realize it's only 4 ingredients, but still! ;) so I am going to go make it while B handles dinner! I will take pictures and report back here with the results :)

No comments:

Post a Comment