Sunday, September 4, 2011

Changing seasons, changing gears

I've been thinking a lot about autumn lately. The produce in the farmer's market we go to has changed drastically as the end-of-summer crops come in. The smell at the market changes, too... that little bit more ripe, with things like stone fruits, berries, tomatoes, herbs all in the air. But also a decline... mornings are a tad bit later and a tad bit cooler. It's not here yet, but that certain chill/smell in the air is on it's way, you can feel it on the periphery.

While a lot of people find the end of summer rather sad, it's one of my favorite times of the year. I'm a little sad summer is over because I know I have to make it through winter to get to the next bit of flip flop and summer dress weather, but it also means the start of autumn, which is my absolute favorite time of year. And yes, Halloween is my favorite holiday ;)

Anyway, I've been trying to put my thoughts about the change in seasons into words for a post, when they went and did it for me over at The Kitchn. This post is beautifully written, and I heartily agree with the author... so go read it, then get outside and enjoy these 'in-between days' while they're here!

Weekend Meditation: The In-Between Time

No comments:

Post a Comment